From the Georgia Public Library Service:
I’m writing to announce a couple of enhancements to Webjunction Georgia (WJGA). Effective immediately, WJGA members (you must be an employee of a public, academic, or school library in the state; an employee of GALILEO; a trustee of any Georgia library or library system; or a library science student at Valdosta State University) will be able to enroll in unlimited courses without charge. Here’s a short video promoting the changes that I encourage you to share with your colleagues throughout our library community.
The highlights of these enhancements include:
- Free, unlimited access to 300+ courses available anytime, selected for relevance to libraries.
- Simplified course enrollment process
- All course prices are set to $0. You no longer need to apply for a free course scholarship and deal with the complexities of that process.
- If you are already enrolled in a course, you will continue to have access to the course for 12 months from the date you enrolled.
- You must be a WJGA member and logged into your account to see the course catalog on our page, http://ga.webjunction.org/catalog.
Also, Webjunction has enhanced how it handles its webinars. WJGA members will now receive advance registration notices for WJ webinars and attendance certificates that may qualify for continuing education credit. All members of the WJ community will continue to enjoy the free online webinar programming that WJ offers each month.
The Webjunction service provided by GPLS can be an invaluable resource in supporting your continuing education and learning needs. Please share this message or our promo video with your colleagues and encourage them to register for a WJGA account if they have not done so already and begin enjoying unlimited access to quality, online learning.
Feel free to shoot Jay an email or give him a call if you have any questions!
If you decide to sign up for a Webjunction account…please read this information:
- Signing up for an account is easy and membership is free for your media specialists — there’s nothing that an individual, their school system, or individual school needs to purchase.
- All that a media specialist will have to do is go to the Webjunction Georgia site, click “Create an Account,” and then complete a short application. Accounts are typically approved within 72 hours.
- Since there is a limit to the total number of active users I can have in the system at any given time, I ask that people to contact me if they try out WJGA and decide that they won’t actively use it. This will allow me to deactivate those accounts to free up space for other potential users.
- In the event that we hit our cap, I will selectively reduce the number of non-public library user accounts in the system, which could result in some/all media specialists being booted from the system. I really don’t think this will happen, but I just want you to know in the interest of full disclosure (and I’d definitely communicate with you in advance if I suspected this would be necessary).
Jay Turner| Director, Continuing Education| Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30345-4304
404.235.7124 | 404.235.7201 fax |
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.georgialibraries.org